OpenAjax Hub 1.0 Specification
This document is the approved formal specification for OpenAjax Hub 1.0. (Note: OpenAjax Alliance has approved a version 2.0 of the OpenAjax Hub specification. See OpenAjax Hub 2.0 Specification.)
The OpenAjax Hub is a key technology component within the umbrella term OpenAjax Conformance. Ajax runtime libraries must support the OpenAjax Hub 1.0 according to the conformance criteria defined by this specification in order to achieve OpenAjax 1.0 Conformance. OpenAjax Alliance recommends that Web developers and IT professionals demand OpenAjax Conformance as an industry requirement from its Ajax technology providers. By requiring OpenAjax Conformance, customers gain confidence in their technology and product choices and realize benefits in terms of the ability to integrate Ajax technologies from multiple suppliers, ability to change suppliers at reduced costs, and increased certainty that their suppliers are adopting industry best practices.
Status of this Document
This is the approved OpenAjax Hub 1.0 Specification that was developed within the Interoperability Working Group at OpenAjax Alliance.
This Specification was developed under the terms of the OpenAjax Alliance Members Agreement, in which the Members of the OpenAjax Alliance have agreed to various royalty-free conditions for Specifications, and the OpenAjax Alliance Development Process.
OpenAjax Alliance maintains an open source reference implementation and test suite of the OpenAjax Hub 1.0 feature set at http://openajaxallianc.sourceforge.net.
Public feedback on this document should be sent to email@example.com. Errata for the final, approved version 1.0 of this Specification are posted at http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/OpenAjax_Hub_1.0_Specification_Errata.
There are five archived versions of the Hub 1.0 Specification:
- http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/OpenAjax_Hub_1.0_Specification (this version)
All of the various versions of the OpenAjax Hub Specification (past, present and future) can be found at:
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- Includes an overview into the motivation for having the Hub, what services it provides, and how it works. Also provides an overview for how the Hub should get deployed within runtime libraries and what this all means to an application developer.
- 2 Library Management
- APIs for registering libraries, unregistering libraries, and querying about previously registered libraries.
- 3 Publish/Subscribe Event Management
- APIs for publish/subscribe services that enable script logic (from either libraries, components and the application itself) to publish events on a broadcast basis and for script logic to listen (i.e., subscribe) to events fired by other script logic.
- 4 Implementation Metadata
- Metadata that implementations of the Hub must provide.
- A References
- References to other specifications.
- B Change Log
- Change history.
- C Issues
- Some of the key issues discussed and resolved.
Copyright 2007-2008 OpenAjax Alliance
Permission to copy and display the OpenAjax Hub specification, in any medium without fee or royalty is hereby granted, provided that you include the copyright notice as shown herein and link or URL to the Specification on the OpenAjax Alliance website. In addition, for parties wishing to implement this Specification, the Members of the OpenAjax Alliance have provided royalty-free patent covenants to their respective patent claims as described in the OpenAjax Alliance IPR Policy.
DISCLAIMERS: THIS SPECIFICATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS," AND THE OPENAJAX ALLIANCE AND ITS MEMBERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR TITLE; THAT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SPECIFICATION ARE SUITABLE FOR ANY PURPOSE; NOR THAT THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SUCH CONTENTS WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS OR OTHER RIGHTS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE OPENAJAX ALLIANCE AND ITS MEMBERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THIS SPECIFICATION OR THE PERFORMANCE OR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CONTENTS THEREOF.
No other rights are granted by implication, estoppel or otherwise.