According to this Web page, posted in October 2009, the WAI-ARIA specification describes a role taxonomy consisting of 59 possible role values (excluding abstract roles) (although the latest public working draft of the WAI-ARIA specification lists 60 non-abstract roles). Browser support on Windows is as follows:
- IE 8RC1 exposes 43 role values correctly
- Firefox (Minefield) 3.6 exposes 47 role values correctly
- Opera 10.10 beta exposes 21 role values correctly
- Webkit Nightly 23/09/09 exposes 10 role values correctly
- Chrome 3.0 exposes 18 role values correctly
Note that this is not an exhaustive description of WAI-ARIA support in browsers since it does not consider, for example, the WAI-ARIA states and properties, focus management, etc.
This feature request calls on the browser vendors to offer comprehensive native support for WAI-ARIA as specified in the normative requirements of WAI-ARIA 1.0.