Accessibility Minutes 2009 06 17

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Participants

  • Nathan Jakubiak (ParaSoft)
  • Rich Schwerdtfeger (IBM - chair)
  • Vio Onut (IBM)
  • Jon Gunderson (University of Illinois)
  • Michael Squillace (IBM)

Minutes

scribe: Rich

Topic: Review Rules Reorganization /member/wiki/Accessibility-Reorganization

Vio: Potential violations require manual tests

michael: this will get confusing

Nathan: some parts can be automated to point the user

Vio: potential violations and potential recommendations requre manual tests

Jon: in 1.1 text content is empty - when is it not?

Jon: in the aria world it would be marked as a violation

Jon: WCAG may allow that

Jon: at the university of Illinois we only focused on the automated tests

Jon: trying to automate the test is the first priority for us

Jon: we add manual test later

Jon: our tool has no manual tests

Michael: this is consistent with our charter

Rich: let's separate out the manual tests so that we don't lose them and we can provide feedback to WCAG 2 and developers

ACTION Item: Michael separate out the manual tests. these are things that we can nothing to help the developer automatically

Vio: [111.PV04] the alt attribute cannot be an exact match to any of the following words (i.e., "image", "picture", "graph") Note: this is language specific. - Violation

Vio: ** the previous rule should have the following ID: [111.V04]

Vio: [111.PV04] the alt attribute cannot consist of only one word Note: This is language independent. - Potential Violation

Rich: tweaked these based on groups input

Jon: Never quite sure if a video has an open caption

ACTION: Michael continue to convert requirements to the new format

ACTION: Rich, Vio, Nathan, Jon work on crisping up the new format requirements

Personal tools