Accessibility Minutes 2009 07 01

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Participants

  • Anne Abbott (IBM)
  • Nathan Jakubiak (ParaSoft)
  • Vio Onut (IBM)
  • Rich Schwerdtfeger (IBM - chair)
  • Michael Squillace (IBM)

Minutes

Rich: can be used (Eitan Isaacson from Selenium/Speclenium) - Rich will investigate.

squillace: /member/wiki/Accessibility-Reorganization

squillace: http://openajax.org/pipermail/accessibility/2009-June/000067.html

annabbott: Discussion re: M (Manual) severity

annabbott: Decision reached to continue to use M severity

annabbott: Rich has sent heads-up to WCAG 2.0 team that further updates will be coming.

annabbott: Mike requesting assistance for adding technique links

annabbott: Rich will add as he identifies instances - like describedby

annabbott: Ann will contact Mike for primer so she can assist

annabbott: Mike questioning whether Level AAA should be included (ie. 2.4.4 and 2.4.9) - may need input from David Todd or Jon Gunderson

annabbott: Rich thinks Level AAA will be manual tests

annabbott: Nathan - 2.4.9 may be easier to test with automation

annabbott: Rich - trying to ensure tools can test, so may want to flag Level AAA as manual

annabbott: Nathan - would like this group to provide guidance

annabbott: Rich - Microsoft is targeting AAA

annabbott: Vio - Policy tester is targeting A and AA

annabbott: Vio - suggested AAA at a later stage

annabbott: Nathan - agreed

annabbott: Mike - will update policy as AAA = TBD

annabbott: Mike - table rules need work, especially layout table rules

annabbott: Rich - layout table should be role = presentation

annabbott: Mike - lots of rules that can be checked with automation

annabbott: Rich - can vet layout table rules with Freedom Scientific

annabbott: Ann - will find the FS issue requiring a proprietary tag for table markup and send to Rich

annabbott: Mike - do we want a separate section on supporting WAI-ARIA or is it part of meeting WCAG 2.0

annabbott: Rich - incorporate into rules for meeting WCAG 2.0

annabbott: Rich - covered under ROBUST section, need semantics to meet design pattern

annabbott: Vio - incorporate into existing table, not in separate section

annabbott: Mike - 2.4.4 rule, not sure about violation

annabbott: Mike - not sure where section on event handlers goes

richardschwerdtf: http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-wai-aria-20090224/#global_states

annabbott: Rich - 2.4.4.needs technique to include ARIA properties or global states as Description or Label?

jakubiak: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS/SCR20.html

annabbott: Nathan - event handlers are 2.1.1 and 2.1.3

annabbott: Rich - add title attribute to test case

annabbott: Vio - question about 111pv01 - should be V not PV?

annabbott: Mike - agreed

annabbott: Vio - 111pv02 - should be V?

annabbott: Mike - separate out

annabbott: Rich - ARIA role = link should have title attribute as well

annabbott: Rich - title attribute can occur on any element

annabbott: Mike - started a Requirements doc for language for expressing rules

annabbott: what does it look like in XML or Javascript or...?

annabbott: Mike will continue to work on wiki

annabbott: Rich will work on Selenium

annabbott: Rich will take care of minutes

Personal tools