Accessibility Minutes 2009 12 02

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Participants

  • Michael Squillace (IBM - chair)
  • Ann Abbott (IBM)
  • David Todd (IBM)
  • Rich Schwerdtfeger (IBM - co-chair)
  • Brenda Hagler (IBM)
  • Jon Gunderson (University of Illinois)
  • Sandy Foltz (University of Illinois)

Minutes

Rich: With only IBMers on call, Reporting Best Practices is a difficult topic.

Mike: event trigger discussion

Rich: Nodes added/removed, focus change events, attribute change events

Mike: Valarie engine has access to those events

Rich: Event triggers: focus, node inserted, attribute modified (mutation), node deleted

Rich: Rule set for Robust section based on focus change.

Sandy: running rule based on node that changed on document level

Mike: Ajax can insert new information on page without page load/reload

Jon: FF3.6 will enumerate event handlers

Rich: what if we monitor kbd event handlers?

Jon: then may have mouse event handlers

Jon: need to look at design patterns

Rich: incorporate settling time?

Jon: never know event firing order

Rich: need to have event settling time

Rich: event settling time should be set at the Tool level instead of the rule level

Rich: need event type

Mike: defining event type is not complete at this time

...Rich updating wiki page...

Rich: next need when are event types triggered

Rich: need to classify which are at document level or focus change, etc

Rich: 4.1.2 contains document level, focus level, node insertion/deletion

Rich: Validation Rules wiki page [1]

Rich: do we need scope?

Jon: also need OnDemand mode

Jon: also need to capture those OnDemand results

Rich: additional Event type = user generated

Rich: or simply 'user'

Rich: divide table sections up and then look at Validation rules and determine Event Trigger/Type, then look at Scope later

Mike: will divide & send list

David uploaded file to wiki but doesn't know where it went

Rich: David's file [2]

David: sent note on Rules page re: landmark region should have outline when it gets focus? Looks like it should be Recommendation per Andi Snow-Weaver

Rich: which Checkpoint does this refer to?

David: will determine and update

David: other note sent was about Reporting

Rich: does anyone think we should not discuss reporting best practices?

Jon: definitely need to cover

Rich: agrees

Call ended at 8:55

Personal tools