Accessibility Minutes 2010 01 06

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Participants

  • Michael Squillace (IBM - chair)
  • Ann Abbott (IBM)
  • David Todd (IBM)
  • Rich Schwerdtfeger (IBM - co-chair)
  • Nathan Jukubiak (Parasoft)
  • Jon Gunderson (University of Illinois)
  • Sandy Foltz (University of Illinois)
  • Dillon (Deque)

Minutes

Mike: discussion of CSUN presentations

annabbott (chatzilla@moz-23096006.dsl.austtx.sbcglobal.net) has joined #oaa-accessibility

richardschwerdtfeger (richardsch@moz-130F1494.lightspeed.austtx.sbcglobal.net) has joined #oaa-accessibility

Mike: Has been playing with apps and most are Flash based. He can't use them.

General discussion about Adobe product accessibility.

Mike: One of the these meetings should be dedicated to CSUN outline of presentations.

Jon's presentation will be on Friday or after. He thinks.

Jon: May make a video and just play that.

Nathan & Dillon are still thinking about what to present.

Mile: Will schedule one of these meetings toward the end of Jan. to talk about CSUN presentation.

Mike: Everyone think about a 5 to 10 minute talk for CSUN. Meet to talk about this toward the end of Jan.

Rich: Do we want an Q&A session?

Mike & Rich: Vendors will show that OAA rules are making progress in the industry.

/member/wiki/Accessibility_Reporting_Best_Practices

27th meeting will be dedicated to CSUN presentation.

Rich: How to report a node in a crawler may be with xpath.

Rich: Isolating the node in a table may be helpful for reporting.

Dillon: Agrees that a table format is helpful.

Rich: For FVT test, we want the ability to annotate the test procedure.

Rich: Because page is irrelevant in a dynamic html world.

Dillon: Need to know who the reports are for.

Rich: Once in the page, do we want to have the ability to annotate things like drop down menus, etc.

Mike: FVT tester probably wouldn't want that detail.

Mike: Detail is a function of the role and environment.

Mike: Likes the tabular arrangement rather than list for reporting.

Want to report error context, role, error components (what aspects of the error are going to be interesting to a particular person in a particular role).

Dillon: A tester would want to know about severity of error while a developer would want to know where the bug occurs.

Mike: We can further refine the error component column as we go.

Mike: OAA best practices are meant to make sure tools are providing consistent information about accessibility issues/errors.

Dillon: Is it a goal to produce a set of WCAG 2.0 rules for vendors to use? Is it the format or content that we are looking to standardize?

Mike: Yes, we will produce a reference implementation for rules and reporting.

Dillon: Why don't we just specify what has to be captured? Maybe we're going a bit too far?

Mike: I believe we are heading in that direction.

Mike: Dillon, please send to list what you mean by captured.

Dillon: Work on the goals for the best practices.

Mike: We can talk about this again next week.

Dillon: Doesn't understand the documented goals on the Reporting Best Practices page.

Mike, Dillon: Define goals better.

Rich: Will edit the goals.

Mike: Didn't get to Sandy's note.

Mike: Won't be available next Wed.

Rich: Won't be available either.

Mike: Next meeting on the 20th.

Personal tools