Accessibility Minutes 2010 10 06

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Present

  • Rich Schwerdtfeger (IBM - Co-Chair)
  • Jon Gunderson (Illinois - Co-Chair)
  • David Todd (IBM)
  • Marc Johlic (IBM)
  • Nathan Jakubiak (Parasoft)
  • Vio Onut (IBM)
  • Ann Abbott (IBM)
  • Prasanna Bale (Illinois - Co-Chair)

Minutes

Agenda

http://openajax.org/pipermail/accessibility/2010-October/000397.html

Code Test database

Rich: Open Ajax Alliance subdomain http://accessibility.openajax.org/ now references Open Ajax Alliance Code Test new server Domain: http://www.oaa-accessibility.org/

CSUN Presentation

Rich: CSUN presentation - draft needs to go in soon/Rich will work on with Jon.

Nathan: will check to see if he'll be able to attend.

David: CSUN abstract needs to be submitted 10/13, Wednesday next.

Rich: what do we want to cover there?

Vio: would like to do demo

Rich: wants to spend time on actual solutions, demos with only 10-15 minute overview.

Rich: Overview - talk about overall changes in tooling, integration into browser (high level)?

Nathan: can cover from high level how new tool will help developers

Rich: start with problem statement > how new tool will help developers > test server > why this is necessary to meet WCAG 2.0 compliance.

Vio: can also talk about Jon's web site > make part of introduction

Rich: good idea because Jon didn't present last year. Then next steps.

Working Group Charter

Rich: MS appears close to joining. E-Bay is working on getting internal approval.

Rich: include in CSUN: talk about sync of Jon's web site for a test suite for ARIA candidate recommendation.

Rich: after last call draft must have 2 implementations of each item for test suite.

Caching Discussion

http://openajax.org/pipermail/accessibility/2010-September/000391.html

David Todd: made changes to cache based on last week's comments.

Jon: headings within same level should have unique text

Jon: heading tree would make this easier

Jon: no rule exists now for that

Jon: may want some rules to force Best Practices for headings and landmarks

Jon: all headings should be contained within some landmark

Rich: that may be WCAG 2.0 Usability issue

David: currently contains code to clear cache

David: whoever invokes functions can either pre-cach or cache-as-you-go

Rich: in future there will be mutation events - will cache update?

Rich: IE9 will include some

Rich: can trigger off state change event (onfocus)

Jon: do that in DOM+ view

Rich: We need to trigger tests in response to onload and onfocus change events

David: cache'ing is checked in now

Jon: recompute cache when node doesn't exist or onfocus and a node doesn't exist in cache

Rich: Refresh the cache when: A node does not exist in the cache and when access a node that the cache says exists but does not

Vio: think that should only insert of delete specifics, not rebuild entire cache

Vio: isolated refresh for performance

Vio: pre-cache could result in performance impact and items in cache that will never be used

Vio: may need to be selective

Rich: next step to take rule set and implement cache'ing

Jon: are we clear that current properties of rule set are stable now?

Jon: want to be sure we have all info before changes

Vio: criteria # can be computed for criteria description

Jon: and label

Vio: criterionNumber

Vio: criterionDesc

Vio: you can compute criterionDesc based on criterionNumber, and therefore there is now a debate whether or not to remove it

jongund: http://www.oaa-accessibility.org/rulesets/

Vio: requirements : [

Vio: {

Vio: criterionNumber : '1.1.1',

Vio: criterionLevel : 'WCAG20.level.A',

Vio: criterionDesc : 'WCAG20.description.1_1_1',

Vio: requirementUrl: 'http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#text-equiv',

Vio: ______________________________

Vio: requirements : {

Vio: '1.1.1' : {

Vio: label : '1.1.1 Non-text Content',

Vio: description : 'All non-text content that is presented to the user has a text alternative that serves the equivalent purpose, except for the situations listed below.',

Vio: },

Vio: that is how it is now.

Vio: Jon: criterionDesc doesn't point to anything any longer

Vio: Jon: think it's there for language/translation

Vio: Jon: recommends removing criterionDesc

Vio: Jon: change in db then put in repository

Vio: Nathan: working on abstracting browser compatibility - where to put it?

Vio: Jon: put in db

Vio: Jon: can create account, go to rule to change, then edit (rule sets and rules )

Vio: Nathan: would prefer not to make changes in two places

Vio: Jon: db manages IDs

Vio: I have to drop. back to back meetings. thank you

Ann: Continue this discussion on next call

Personal tools