Accessibility Minutes 2011 05 23

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Present

  • Jon Gunderson (University of Illinois - Co-Chair)
  • Prasanna Bale (University of Illinois)
  • Marc Johlic (IBM)
  • Ann Abbott (IBM)
  • David Todd (IBM)
  • Aurelien Levy (Temesis)

Minutes

YOU (david) have joined #oaa-accessibility

pbale (chatzilla@moz-5B24A39F.rehab.uiuc.edu) has joined #oaa-accessibility

No meeting next week because of US holiday.

aurelienlevy (chatzilla@EDC6C87E.E11E5AB9.51ADC7DC.IP) has joined #oaa-accessibility

Hi, I didn't receive any agenda for today, is there a call ?

Yes, a few people are on the line now.

marcjohlic (chatzilla@moz-33591AA8.tampabay.res.rr.com) has joined #oaa-accessibility

same number as last week ?

yes

/member/wiki/Accessibility_Validation_Rule_Data_and_Results_Cache

Toll Free: 1-888-426-6840

Participant Code: 4599046

Cache will be useful to browser plugins.

Jon is looking at style information for cache.

Jon developed a style object.

color contrast ratio, font family and font weight.

contains positioning information

Should provide performance improvement.

Next Jon will work on even cache.

annabbott (chatzilla@5C49B207.C194F28.512A2A6C.IP) has joined #oaa-accessibility

http://code.google.com/p/oaa-accessibility-cache-inspector/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk

Jon, created a new xpi file for cache inspection.

/member/wiki/Accessibility_Validation_Rule_Data_and_Results_Cache

aurelienlevy has left moznet (Client exited)

Difficult to develop rules for WCAG 2.4.4.

aurelienlevy (chatzilla@EDC6C87E.E11E5AB9.51ADC7DC.IP) has joined #oaa-accessibility

Jon proposed improved in WCAG 2.0 techniques for technique 2.4.4. See above link.

Current ATs and browsers support Jon's improvements.

Jon is discussing the benefits for his suggestions. See above link for list of benefits.

One downside is that screen reader users will potentially hear different link text than sighted users will see.

Marc will bring these ideas to the WCAG. However he feels the WCAG WG is very busy and doesn't know if they could address this right away.

The OAA could update the techniques to save the WCAG WG some effort. If the don't have the time to work on themselves.

Jon's ideas provides authors with benefits with defining context.

Ann says the ideas remove manual test in favor of automated testing.

Jon will bring to ARIA group to see if ATs will add feature to compute context.

of a link.

Ann is concerned about number of JAWS key commands already.

Jon: Context feature could be part of an existing command.

Jon will create a new Wiki page: Proposed WCAG 2.0 techniques.

aurelienlevy: PDF document link should also provide meta information.

aurelienlevy: Label and title are both useful.

Discussing link length. This rule will be looked at more closely in the future.

David: This how my project uses context regarding events:

context : "*[@onclick] | *[@onblur] | *[@ondblclick] | *[@onfocus] | *[@onkeydown] |" +

"*[@onkeypress] | *[@onkeyup] | *[@onmousedown] | *[@onmouseup] | *[@onmousemove] |" +

"*[@onmouseout] | *[@onmouseover] | *[@onresize] | *[@onchange]",

Personal tools