Accessibility Minutes 2014 02 03

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Present

  • Jon Gunderson (University of Illinois)
  • Nicholas Hoyt (University of Illinois)
  • Marc Johlic (IBM)
  • Ann Abbott (IBM) - scribe
  • Todd Weissenberger (University of Iowa)
  • Mark Novak (TPG)

Internal Business

JG: Change of time to an hour earlier? 11:00 Central?

Todd, Mark: Yes; Ann: No

JG: 2:00 Central? (3:00 Eastern)

Mark, Todd, Ann: Yes

Ann: Reschedule this call for 2:00 pm Central (3:00 Eastern), effective 2/17

Sidebar: Clean up invitation list--several dormant participants

Jon will ask Jon F. to clean up email list; add Todd.

2/10 will be last meeting at current time. (12:00 Central)

Changes in Prototype 0.15.4

Nick: Addition of timing category, three new rules

Nick: removed some kbd shortcuts: changing among individual views

Rules and Rule Categories

Nick: Current rule categories should be final categories

Jon: Timing rules related to 2.2.1, 2.2.2 & 2.3.1

Jon: these are only rules anticipated for the timing categories

Jon: order categories by where people should start (importance)

Jon: any strong feelings about that could mail to list or talk on next call

Jon: could have timing rule for login/psswd

Jon: flashing limits is page-level rule - could have more based on elements/scripting

Ann: vote to flesh out help instead of having a bunch more manual checks

Nick: previous change to categories - Landmarks/Headings replaced Structure/Content

Jon: some rules moved from Landmarks/Headings to better categories

Nick: Rule results > include pass and N/A results now defaults to "not checked"

Nick: sees 10 landmark rules implemented

Nick: agrees with Jon's count

Jon: also new category of "Headings"

Jon: moving Bold/Italic rule from "Headings" to "Style"

Jon: talk next week about renaming Style/Readability to Style/Content

Jon: changing to Styles/Content

Jon: working on FAE that uses rules - can spider site

Automation

Jon: AInspector is the tool to use to check dynamic content

Ann: would want to append the report vs. overwriting it

Nick: can imagine automating the creation of a script to use with Selinium

Todd: Compliance Sheriff has some type of dynamic functionality

Jon: report would be similar to web page report with added action/state change

Jon: how to identify so it makes sense to end user

Nick: possibly fits into FAE as well

Todd: will look at Compliance Sheriff to see what it does and report back to group

Jon: caution as CS is a copywrited tool

Prep for next meeting

Jon: look at 8 proposed landmark rules, look at timing rules for next week

Nick: site nav rules has had work on messaging - look at them for next week's call.

Next call is next week Monday, 2/10/2014 at noon Central --AnnAbbott 19:08, 4 February 2014 (UTC)

Personal tools